Lincolnshire logo

Hagworthingham

Description and Travel

Six miles east of Horncastle and 5 miles north-west of Spilsby, Hagworthingham is a large village and parish in the Wold hills. Bag Enderby parish is to the north and Lusby parish to the south. The parish covers just over 2,400 acres.

The village is on the south side of the A158 between Horncastle and Skegness. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 636
1851 H.O. 107 / 2108
1861 R.G. 9 / 2369
1871 R.G. 10 / 3383
1881 R.G. 11 / 3250
1901 R.G. 13 / 3071
Top

Church History

Hagworthingham Holy Trinity Church

Holy Trinity Church 2

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Year  Person
1868 Alfred MARCHAM
1872 John FLETCHER, vict.
1882 Absalom Hanson CAUNT, horse breaker
1900 Mrs. Mary A. SKEPPER
1913 Mrs. Annie FARROW
1919 Charles George LAMMIMAN
1930 Charles George LAMMIMAN

Absalom H, CAUNT was born in Burton Pedwardine, LIN, circa 1840. Annie FARROW is possibly Annie Marie FARROW, born Boston, LIN, circa 1863.

Year  Person
1882 -- not listed --
1900 -- not listed --
1913 -- not listed --
1919 -- not listed --
1930 Mrs. Rose RILEY
Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 376
1811 442
1821 533
1831 593
1841 600
1851 651
1871 612
1881 484
1891 477
1911 350
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 18-October-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project