Lincolnshire logo

Haltham (Haltham on Bain)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2108
1861 R.G. 9 / 2370
1871 R.G. 10 / 3384
1891 R.G. 12 / 2600
Top

Church History

Saint Benedict's Church

Saint Benedict's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Haltham is both a village and a parish in the Wold hills, four and a half miles south of Horncastle. Roughton parish lies to the northwest, Scrivelsby parish to the northeast and Tumby Township to the south. The parish covered about 2,610 acres in 1815, reduced by boundary realignments to 1,234 acres by 1913.

Haltham village is on the east bank of the River Bain as it travels south from Horncastle. The village is often called "Haltham on Bain". The Haltham Beck (stream) is on the east side of the village. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Year  Person
1842 Jas. DALE, vict.
1856 Charles WANT, vict.
1868 Charles WEST, farmer
1872 Alfred GOODYEAR, vict.
1882 Alfred GOODYEAR, vict.
1900 Sidney GOODYEAR
1913 Sidney GOODYEAR
1930 Sidney GOODYEAR
Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 115
1841 253
1871 214
1881 179
1891 178
1901 121
1911 112
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 23-October-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project