Lincolnshire logo

Harlaxton

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2102
1861 R.G. 9 / 2349
1871 R.G. 10 / 3357
1891 R.G. 12 / 2583
Top

Church History

St. Mary and St. Peter's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Harlaxton is both a village and a parish. The parish is about 108 miles north of London and lies about three miles southwest of Grantham on the old Melton Mowbray road (now the A607). The parish itself is bounded on the north by Barrowby and Grantham parishes, to the west by Denton, on the south by Stroxton. The parish covers about 2,700 acres.

The village of Harlaxton is about a half mile south of the Grantham and Nottingham Canal, once a vital part of village commerce. A bridge now crosses the canal to connect Harlaxton to Barrowby. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Year  Person
1842 -- Not listed --
1872 Andrew SCOTT, farmer &emp; victualler
1882 William TOWERS, coal merchant and victualler
1900 Frank BURTON, farmer
1913 Herbert CHIPPS
1930 Herbert CHIPPS
Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 297
1841 428
1851 494
1861 488
1871 441
1891 396
1901 389
1911 401
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 6-June-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project