Lincolnshire logo

Harmston

Description and Travel

This village and parish lie 6 miles south of Lincoln and just south of Waddington. Auborn parish is to the west across the River Witham and Coleby parish to the south. The parish covers about 2,570 acres.

The village is described in Scanlon and Warner's "The Kings England: Lincolnshire," publ. 1949, as:

"Serene among innumerable trees on its high place on the Cliff, it looks far over the valley where the Brant falls into the Witham and the Roman Foss Was is nearing Lincoln. On the eastern side of the village is Ermine Street."
Top

Census

Census
Year
 Piece Numbers
1871 R.G. 10 / 3364
Top

Church History

All Saints Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 235
1831 405
1841 429
1851 414
1871 368
1881 345
1891 328
1901 327
1911 277
1921 301
~2001 800
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 1-November-2010
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project