Lincolnshire logo

Harrowby

Cemeteries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2352
1871 R.G. 10 / 3363
1891 R.G. 12 / 2586
Top

Church History

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Harrowby is an ancient ecclesiastical parish, but was divided into two parishes: Harrowby Within and Harrowby Without. Harrowby Within became part of the town of Grantham (see History) and Harrowby Without became the Civil Parish. The parish is a long, narrow strip of land running along the east side of Manthorpe and Grantham parishes, with Belton parish to the north. The parish covers about 1,323 acres.

The village of Harrowby has been absorbed into the conurbation of Grantham and constitutes the northeast portion of the town and includes the Alma Park Industrial Estate. The Oldershaw Brewery is in Harrowby. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 51
1841 60
1891 64
1901 63
1911 73
1921 121
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 1-December-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project