Lincolnshire logo

Helpringham

Description and Travel

Helpringham is a parish with a village of the same name. The parish is on the road between Spalding and Sleaford, about 5 miles southeast of Sleaford. Swaton parish lies to the south and Little Hale parish to the north. The parish covers almost 3,400 acres. A portion of the parish is Fenland, but that is now drained and fertile.

A book called "Lincolnshire Railway Stations" by Eric Croft (ISBN 0-946225-77-0) shows a picture of Helpringham station in 1907. At that time, the Great East and Great Northern railways ran trains by the village.

The village lies between the A17 and A52 trunk roads about six miles southeast of Sleaford. The Car Dyke passes just to the east of the village. Thorpe Latimer is a hamlet in the parish, about a mile south of Helpringham village. If you are planning a visit:

Helpringham village

Top

Cemeteries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 619
1851 H.O. 107 / 2101
1861 R.G. 9 / 2346
1871 R.G. 10 / 3353
1881 R.G. 11 / 3326
1891 R.G. 12 / 2581
Top

Church History

St. Andrew's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 518
1831 750
1841 764
1851 829
1861 912
1871 911
1881 941
1891 758
1901 767
1911 732
1921 733
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-October-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project