Lincolnshire logo

Heydour (also: Haydor, Hather, Haydour and Heidure)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2343
1871 R.G. 10 / 3350 & 3363
1891 R.G. 12 / 2586
Top

Church History

St. Michael's Church

St. Andrew's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

This village and parish lies just over 6 miles east northeast of Grantham and 5 miles southwest of Sleaford. Welby parish is just to the west, with Aunsby parish to the east and Braceby to the south. The parish covers about 2,800 acres and includes the hamlets of Aisby (Azeby), Oseby (Ozeby or Oasby), Culverthorpe and Kelby.

The village of Heydour is just west of the A15 trunk road at Swarby. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Other Records

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 199
1841 370
1871 346
1881 363
1891 399
1901 380
1911 320
1921 282
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 3-October-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project