Lincolnshire logo

Holton le Moor

Note: Holton le Moor is not an ancient parish of Lincolnshire. For many centuries it was a township in Caistor parish. In December, 1866, it was established as a Civil Parish.

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2392
1871 R.G. 10 / 3421
1891 R.G. 12 / 2621
1901 R.G. 13 / 3098
Top

Church History

St. Luke's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

This village and parish is 3 miles south-west of Caistor, 9.5 miles south-east of Brigg and 157 miles north of London. The parish covers 1,892 acres. Nettleton Wood stands to the north.

The village is small and relatiely unchanged in the last 200 years. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Holton-le-Moor War Memorial and the list of names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 92
1831 150
1861 180
1871 195
1881 178
1891 167
1901 163
1911 175
1921 218
1931 192
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project