Lincolnshire logo

Irnham

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 620
1861 R.G. 9 / 2315
1871 R.G. 10 / 3311
1881 R.G. 11 / 3195
1891 R.G. 12 / 2555
Top

Church History

Irnham St. Andrew's church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Irnham is both a parish and a village of the same name, on a high limestone ridge 10 miles south-east of Grantham and six miles north-west of Bourne. The parish also contains the two small hamlets of Hawthorpe and Bulby, both of which are about two miles east of the village of Irnham. Corby Glen parish lies two and a half miles to the south-west, Edenham parish to the south-east and Swinstead parish to the south. The parish covers about 3,800 acres. The East Glen River runs through the middle of the parish as it meanders south.

The village of Irnham is bisected by the roads that lead to Ingoldsby, Corby, Swinstead and Hawthorpe. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Year  Person
1842 -- not listed --
1856 John RUMNEY, vict.
1868 Joseph HALL, farmer
1872 James HALL, farmer
1882 James HALL, farmer
1885 Charles TAYLOR, farmer
1900 Leonard MANTON, farmer
1913 Leonard MANTON, mariner
1930 John Geo. ROWELL
Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 299
1831 394
1841 426
1871 366
1881 284
1891 316
1901 265
1911 271
1921 276
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 10-October-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project