Lincolnshire logo

Keddington

Description and Travel

Keddington is a village and a civil parish that lies a mile north=east of Louth and about 3 miles west of Cockerington. It is bordered on the north by Brackenbury and Alvingham parishes, with Stewton parish just to the south. The parish is on the eastern side of the Wolds, and includes about 1,040 acres.

The small village of Keddington is on the north bank of the Louth Navigation Canal (the River Lud), and is sandwiched between the two roads out of Louth to Alvington and Cockerington. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2111
1861 R.G. 9 / 2383
1871 R.G. 10 / 3404
1891 R.G. 12 / 2608
1901 R.G. 13 / 3084
Top

Church History

St. Margaret's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Land and Property:

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 150
1831 172
1841 157
1871 144
1891 119
1901 111
1911 104
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 12-December-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project