Lincolnshire logo

Kettlethorpe

Description and Travel

Kettlethorpe is both a village and parish which sits in the vale of the River Trent, 10 miles west of Lincoln and 9 miles south of Gainsborough. The Fossdyke Canal passes just north of the parish and the River Trent forms the western boundary of the parish. Torksey parish is to the north and Newton on Trent parish to the south. The parish covers about 2,160 acres.

Kettlethorpe village was described in 1842 as "a scattered village" of 237 people.

Kettlethorpe parish contains two ancient townships: Fenton and Laughterton. Fenton is a large village about a half mile north of Kettlethorpe village. Laughterton is another large village a half mile west of Kettlethorpe village. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

 Census
Year
 Piece Numbers
1861 R.G. 9 / 2411
1871 R.G. 10 / 3449
1891 R.G. 12 / 2637
Top

Church History

Sts. Peter and Paul Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 294
1831 463
1851 541
1861 486
1871 516
1891 434
1911 427
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 31-May-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project