Lincolnshire logo

Killingholme

Description and Travel

This parish was comprised of the two townships of North Killingholme and South Killingholme. It is on the south side of the Humber River, almost due south from Kingston Upon Hull. Eight and a half miles to the northwest is Barton upon Humber and down the coast is Grimsby. The parish to the north-west is East Halton. To the south lies Habrough parish. The parish covered about 9,300 acres.

Killingholme ecclesiastical parish is comprised of two civil parishes of North Killingholme and South Killingholme. In addition to the two townships already mentioned, the hamlet of Rye Hill, near Ulceby parish, was also within this parish.

North Killingholme township lies about two miles inland of the Humber. South Killingholme township is a mile south of that. Both townships extend to the bank of the Humber and are best reached by taking the A160 trunk road off of the A180 (M180) trunk road between Brigg and Grimsby. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

  • BAXTER
  • BEEDHAM
  • GOOD
  • JACOBY
  • JOHNSON
  • ?USSEY
Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2402
1871 R.G. 10 / 3435
1891 R.G. 12 / 2629
Top

Church History

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  North  South
1801 118 215
1831 142 338
1871 196 574
1891 206 544
1901 ~ 540
1911 211 1,021
2001 224 1,047
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 4-February-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project