Lincolnshire logo

Langton by Wragby

Description and Travel

Langton by Wragby is both a village and a parish in the Wolds, one mile southeast of Wragby and 9 miles northwest of Horncastle. Hatton parish lies to the east and Apley parish to the southwest. The parish covers about 2,400 acres and includes the hamlets of Low Langton, Langton Hill and Strubby.

Langton village lies astride the old Horncastle Road (now the A158 trunk road). If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1871 R.G. 10 / 3378
Top

Church History

St. Giles Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 144
1811 173
1821 193
1831 206
1841 262
1851 287
1871 351
1881 296
1891 250
1901 203
1911 188
1931 152
1951 138
1971 105
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 11-July-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project