Lincolnshire logo

Langton by Partney (or Langton by Spilsby)

Description and Travel

Langton by Partney (Langton by Spilsby) is both a village and a parish that lies about 4 miles north of Spilsby and 9 miles east of Horncastle. Partney parish is immediately to the south and Driby parish to the north. The parish covers some 1,300 acres, most of which is sandy loam and chalk.

The village sits in a valley between the A158 as it travels east from Horncastle and the A16 trunk road that goes north from Spilsby.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1871 R.G. 10 / 3393A
Top

Church History

Saints Peter and Paul Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 132
1831 230
1871 223
1881 219
1891 177
1911 168
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 4-June-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project