Lincolnshire logo

Londonthorpe

Description and Travel

Londonthorpe is both a small village and a large parish. The parish is about 110 miles north of London and lies about three miles east of Grantham along the old Ermine Street (now the B6403). The parish itself is bounded on the north by Belton, to the east by Welby, west by Grantham, and to the south by Somerby parish. The parish covers about 1,710 acres.

The village of Londonthorpe is about three miles north-east of Grantham's center and just east of Belton House. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2352
1871 R.G. 10 / 3363
1891 R.G. 12 / 2586
Top

Church History

St. John's church

St. John's church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Londonthorpe War Memorial and the names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 125
1841 182
1851 222
1861 228
1871 227
1891 173
1911 181
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 2-September-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project