Lincolnshire logo

Luddington

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2111
1861 R.G. 9 / 3527
1871 R.G. 10 / 4729
1891 R.G. 12 / 3871
Top

Church History

Luddington St. Oswald parish church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Luddington is one of the eight original parishes in the Isle of Axholme in the far northwest corner of Lincolnshire. Crowle parish lies 5 miles to the south-west and Scunthorpe is 10 miles south-east. Luddington is a parish, a township and a village. The parish covers about 3,700 acres and inlcudes the township of Garthorpe.

Luddington was once a river island, having the Meredyke on the south, the Trent on the east and the Don on the north and west. At the time it was the most northern parish in the Isle of Axholme. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

David WRIGHT has a photograph of the 1939-1945 Roll of Honour on Geo-graph, taken in July, 2007.

Luddington churchyard has one Commonwealth War Grave from World War II:

  1. John JACKLIN, lance srgt., Colstream Guards, age 31, died 6 Dec. 1944. Son of Fred and Hannah JACKLIN of Garthorpe.
Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 795
1811 821
1841 982
1871 775
1881 628
1891 464
1901 492
Top

Schools

Top

Societies

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 6-September-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project