Lincolnshire logo

Lusby

Description and Travel

Lusby is both a village and a parish in the Wold hills, 4.5 miles west of Spilsby and six miles east of Horncastle. Hagworthingham parish lies to the north and Asgarby parish to the south. The parish covered about 760 acres in 1842, increasing to 1,075 (including a Fen allotment of 212 acres) by 1872. In 1900, the parish covered about 880 acres. The parish has been a predominatly agricultural settlement over the centuries.

Lusby village is on a road that runs from Hagworthingham south to East Kirkby. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2371 & 2375
1871 R.G. 10 / 3383
1891 R.G. 12 / 2599
Top

Church History

St. Peter's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 89
1811 90
1821 126
1831 140
1841 110
1851 109
1871 120
1881 122
1891 83
1911 91
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-November-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project