Lincolnshire logo

Maltby le Marsh

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2111
1861 R.G. 9 / 2379
1871 R.G. 10 / 3399
1891 R.G. 12 / 2606
Top

Church History

All Saints Church

All Saints front

All Saints back

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Maltby le Marsh is both a parish and a village that lies about 4 miles inland from Mablethorpe and the same distance north of Alford. The land used to be mostly marshy, fen-like ground, but has since been properly drained. The parish covered 1,377 acres in 1842, 1,408 acres in 1900. Earl's Bridge connects this parish with Mablethorpe.

The village of Maltby le Marsh has become a sizable one. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Maltby Roll of Honour and a list of the names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 208
1831 209
1841 229
1871 334
1881 302
1891 251
1901 234
1911 230
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 30-September-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project