Lincolnshire logo

Marton

Cemeteries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2411
1871 R.G. 10 / 3449
1891 R.G. 12 / 2637
Top

Church History

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Marton is both a village and parish in the north of Lincolnshire. The parish lies 150 miles north of London and 5 miles south of Gainsborough with Stow parish just to the east. The River Trent forms the western border and across the river lies Nottinghamshire. There is a small hamlet on the river called Trent Port. The parish covers about 1,300 acres.

The village is almost joined with Gate Burton to the north and sits at the end of a Roman Road called Till Bridge Lane which comes from Sturton by Stow in the east. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Year  Person
1842 James BUTLER, vict.
1868 James BUTLER
1872 James BUTLER, victualler
1882 Alfd. BAILY, groc. & vict.
1900 Jonathan Herbert BOX, grocer
1913 Mrs. Rebecca DAFF
1919 Joseph DAFF
1930 -- not listed --
2013 Neil and Lissa MacFARLANE
Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 374
1831 494
1851 544
1861 487
1871 498
1881 437
1891 376
1911 426
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project