Lincolnshire logo

Normanby-by-Spital

Description and Travel

Normanby-by-Spital is both a village and a parish 11 miles north of the city of Lincoln, near the crossroads known as "Spital" for the hospital that used to be there (see Hemswell). Caenby parish lies to the north and Glentworth parish to the west. The parish and village are centered about 7 miles west of Market Rasen. The parish covers about 1,750 acres.

Normanby-by-Spital (often, just "Normanby") village is just east of the Roman Road known as Ermine Street. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2363
1871 R.G. 10 / 3376
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Top

Church History

St. Peter's church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 235
1831 430
1841 471
1851 514
1871 458
1881 397
1891 347
1911 312
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project