Lincolnshire logo

Rand

Description and Travel

Rand is both a village (officially a "township") and a parish about 9 miles north-east of Lincoln and 2 miles west of Wragby. Wragby parish lies to the east, Holton parish to the north and Goltho parish to the south. The parish covered about 2,100 acres in 1913, much more land than allocated under the 1841 boundaries which included only 1,010 acres. The parish includes the hamlet of Fulnetby (or "Fulnery" in some old records), about a mile north-west of Rand township.

Rand township is skirted on the south side by the A158 trunk road as it passes between Lincoln and Horncastle. In White's 1882 Directory, Rand village is described as "scattered houses". If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2364
1871 R.G. 10 / 3377
Top

Church History

St Oswald's church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 130
1821 154
1831 124
1841 147
1851 148
1871 64
1881 66
1891 67
1911 58
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project