Lincolnshire logo

Scampton

Description and Travel

Scampton is a parish and small town north-northwest of Lincoln. To the southwest is Broxholme parish. Burton by Stow lies to the west. The parish covers just over 2,200 acres. Till Bridge is a hamlet in the parish, 3 miles west of Scampton village, on the River Till.

The village of Scampton is about a mile west of the Roman Road: Ermine Street. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2106
1861 R.G. 9 / 2364
1871 R.G. 10 / 3377
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Top

Church History

St. John the Baptist Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 133
1821 238
1831 242
1841 224
1851 228
1871 248
1881 230
1891 231
1911 194
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project