Lincolnshire logo

Springthorpe

Description and Travel

Springthorpe is both a parish and a village about 4 miles east of Gainsborough and 9 miles south of Scunthorpe. The parish itself is bordered on the north by Corringham parish, on the east by Willoughton parish, to the south by Heapham parish. The parish covers around 1,300 acres and includes the hamlet of Stourgate (or Sturgate).

Springthorpe village is near the River Till, which passes one half mile to the west of the village. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 644
1851 H.O. 107 / 2120
1861 R.G. 9 / 2410
1871 R.G. 10 / 3448
1891 R.G. 12 / 2636
Top

Church History

St. George and St. Lawrence Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 176
1831 194
1841 209
1851 300
1861 260
1871 237
1881 214
1891 176
1901 163
1911 161
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 15-January-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project