Lincolnshire logo

Stapleford

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 622
1851 H.O. 107 / 2136
1861 R.G. 9 / 2477
1891 R.G. 12 / 2712
Top

Church History

All Saints Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Stapleford is both a parish and a village that lies in the vale of the River Witham, 7 miles ENE of Newark and 12 miles SSW of Lincoln. The two Nottinghamshire parishes of South Collingham and Langford lie to the west, and the Lincolnshire parishes of Norton Disney and Carlton le Moorland lie to the north and east. The parish covers just over 2,700 acres of good farmland.

The small village of Stapleford lies between Lincoln and Newark. The River Witham passes just east of the village in its journey north. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 175
1841 193
1871 189
1881 154
1891 147
1901 154
1911 191
1921 164
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 29-November-2011
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project