Lincolnshire logo

Stroxton

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2102
1861 R.G. 9 / 2348
1871 R.G. 10 / 3357
1891 R.G. 12 / 2583
Top

Church History

All Saints Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Stroxton is both a small village and was a small parish. The parish was a narrow dale about three miles south of Grantham just west of the A1 motorway. The parish was bounded on the north-west by Harlaxton, to the north-east by Little Ponton, to the south-east by Great Ponton and to the south-west by Wyville parish. The parish only covers about 990 acres.

The parish has three copious springs which help to supply Grantham with water.

The small village of Stroxton is often unnamed on many maps, as it is just a hamlet now. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names, Personal

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 95
1811 110
1841 94
1851 112
1861 107
1871 112
1881 100
1891 101
1901 86
1911 90
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 15-June-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project