Lincolnshire logo

Stubton

Description and Travel

This village and parish lies between the A1 and A17 motorways 6 miles southeast of Newark. Largely rural, the parish covers over 1,100 acres and several tributaries of the Witham and Brant Rivers have their sources within its boundaries. Claypole parish lies to the west and Fenton parish to the north.

The village of Stubton is only six miles southeast of Newark-on-Trent, about 20 miles southwest of the city of Lincoln and one mile east of Claypole. If you are planning a visit:

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2482
1871 R.G. 10 / 3545
1881 R.G. 11 / 3379
Top

Church History

St. Martin's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 118
1841 170
1871 169
1881 132
1891 127
1911 117
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 3-December-2032
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project