Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Lincolnshire logo

Sutton St. Edmund

Description and Travel

Sutton St. Edmund is a parish and a village about 100 miles north of London, 14 miles south-east from Spalding and 5 miles west of the A1101 trunk road that runs between Wisbech and Long Sutton. Gedney Hill parish lies to the west, separated by a cut of the South Holland Main Drain. Cambridgeshire lies to the south and east, also defined by a drainage cut. The area is typical fenland: marshy and flat, drained by several small canals and the larger South Holland Main Drain. The parish covers over 5,600 acres.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

Archives and Libraries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 611
1851 H.O. 107 / 2097
1861 R.G. 9 / 2326
1871 R.G. 10 / 3327
1891 R.G. 12 / 2566
Top

Church History

St. Edmund's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1831 626
1871 734
1881 676
1891 645
1901 600
1911 652
1921 677
Top

Schools

Top

Note: Sections marked (JB) were contributed by John R. G. Bland of Lincolnshire.

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 2-October-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project