Lincolnshire logo

Sutton St. James

Archives and Libraries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 611
1851 H.O. 107 / 2097
1861 R.G. 9 / 2326
1871 R.G. 10 / 3326
1891 R.G. 12 / 2566
Top

Church History

St. James Church

St. James Church wide shot

St. James Church tower

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Sutton St. James is a parish and a village about 102 miles north of London, 3 miles south of the A17 trunk road that runs between King's Lynn and Holbeach. Gedney parish lies to the north and west and Tydd St. Mary parish to the east. The parish covers about 2,710 acres of marshy fenland, drained by several small canals and the larger South Holland Main Drain.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 308
1831 391
1871 557
1881 605
1891 605
1901 572
1911 573
Top

Schools

Top

Note: Sections marked (JB) were contributed by John R. G. Bland of Lincolnshire.

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 5-December-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project