Lincolnshire logo

Sutton St. Nicholas (Lutton)

Note: When searching in the archives, look under "Lutton".

Description and Travel

Sutton St. Nicholas (also known as "Lutton") is a parish about 105 miles north of London, 2 miles north of Long Sutton and a mile north off the A17 trunk road that runs between King's Lynn and Holbeach parish, which is four miles to the northwest. Gedney parish lies to the north and west. The Wash forms the eastern boundary. The area is marshy, drained by several small canals. In area, the parish covers 3,777 acres.

The principal village is Lutton (or Lutton Bourne). If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2097
1861 R.G. 9 / 2326
1871 R.G. 10 / 3329
1891 R.G. 120 / 2568
Top

Church History

St. Nicholas Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

Some population changes were due to shifts in parish boundaries.

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 600
1831 706
1871 862
1891 686
1911 657
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 30-September-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project