Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Lincolnshire logo

Swaton

Description and Travel

Swaton is both a village and parish 9 miles south-east of Sleaford, lying just west of the ancient Roman Car Dyke. Helpringham and Scredington parishes border on the north, Spanby and Threckingham to the west and Horbling parish is to the south. The area of the parish is just under 3,300 acres and includes about 940 acres of Fen land extending nearly 3 miles east of the village.

If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 622
1861 R.G. 9 / 2346
1871 R.G. 10 / 3353
1891 R.G. 12 / 2581
Top

Church History

St. Michael's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 176
1841 304
1871 336
1881 288
1891 271
1901 253
1911 251
1921 250
1991 169
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 14-August-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project