Lincolnshire logo

Tupholme

Description and Travel

Tupholme parish lies about midway between Horncastle and Lincoln, just a little south of Gautby and north-west of Bucknall parish. The parish is just 2 miles north of the River Witham and covers just under 1,800 acres. The parish includes the "lost village" of Burreth, just north of Tupholme Hall. Burreth was apparently abandoned in the 15th century.

The village of Tupholme does not appear on an Ordnance Survey motoring atlas. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2365
1871 R.G. 10 / 3379
1891 R.G. 12 / 2597
Top

Church History

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 71
1811 78
1821 71
1831 68
1841 74
1851 73
1871 93
1881 93
1891 94
1901 83
1911 72
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 5-December-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project