Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Lincolnshire logo

Waddingham

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 648
1861 R.G. 9 / 2395
1871 R.G. 10 / 3424 & 3425
Top

Church History

St. Mary and St. Peter's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Waddingham is a large parish and village about 164 miles north of London and 8 miles south of Brigg. Snitterby parish lies to the south. The parish covers about 3,750 acres. The parish includes the hamlet of Brandy Wharf on the New River Ancholme's navigation canal.

The Waddingham Beck runs through the village and feeds into the New River Ancholme's naviagation canal. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Year  Person
1868 Thomas RAYNER, brewer
1913 Jeverson GRASSBY
1919 Jeverson GRASSBY
Top

Land and Property

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Waddingham War Memorial and the names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 343
1831 523
1841 678
1851 834
1871 723
1881 715
1891 610
1901 562
1911 561
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 17-March-2014
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2004 EnglandGenWeb Project