Lincolnshire logo

Welbourn (Welbourne)

Note: There is a Welbourne parish in Norfolk and a Welburn parish in North Yorkshire.

Description and Travel

Welbourn is both a village and a parish 12 miles south of Lincoln and 12 miles north-east of Grantham. The River Brant forms the western border, while Wellingore parish lies to the north and Leadenham parish to the south. The old Roman Road, Ermine Street, passes through the eastern edge of the parish. The parish covers about 3,200 acres.

The village of Welbourn sits on the Cliff range of hills overlooking the valley of the River Brant. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 624
1861 R.G. 9 / 2344
1871 R.G. 10 / 3351
Top

Church History

St. Chad's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Names - Personal

Top

Periodicals

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 360
1841 512
1871 677
1881 550
1891 546
1901 504
1911 556
1921 524
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 24-November-2011
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project