Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Lincolnshire logo

West Barkwith

Description and Travel

West Barkwith is both a village and a parish in the Wolds, about midway between Louth and Lincoln, 13 miles north-east of Lincoln, 13 miles south-west of Louth and 2.5 miles northeast of Wragby. Panton parish lies to the south-east and West Torrington parish to the north-west. The parish covers about 500 acres.

West Barkwith village lies astride the old Louth Road (now the A157) to Lincoln. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

WELLS
CRAWFORD
BROXHOLME
HARRISON
FOUNTAIN
KIRK
SHUCKSMITH
STAMPER
Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 627
1861 R.G. 9 / 2365
1871 R.G. 10 / 3378
1891 R.G. 12 / 2597
Top

Church History

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military Records

There is a joint war memorial shared by East Barkwith with West Barkwith. It is on the A157 junction in East Barkwith. It was unveiled in May, 1921.

There is a list of the names from the memorial and other sources at the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 66
1811 66
1821 93
1831 113
1841 130
1851 143
1871 123
1881 119
1891 132
1901 115
1911 110
1921 93
1931 86
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 9-May-2015
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2003 EnglandGenWeb Project