Lincolnshire logo

Weston (Weston St. Mary)

Archives and Libraries

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2096
1861 R.G. 9 / 2325
1871 R.G. 10 / 3324
1881 R.G. 11 / 3205
1891 R.G. 12 / 2564
Top

Church History

St. Mary Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

Weston (sometimes called Weston St. Mary) is both a village and parish about 100 miles north of London. The parish is a long, narrow affair, running north to south, and incorporates the new hamlet of Weston Hills. The town of Spalding is neighbor to the west and Crowland parish to the south. The River Welland runs along the northeastern boundary. The parish covers about 5,390 acres. The area is flat fenland, drained by many small canals.

Weston village is on the old Holbeach Road (now the A151) between Spalding and Holbeach, about three miles east of Spalding. The hamlet of West Hills, or Weston Hills as it is now known, is to the south. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 328
1831 567
1841 681
1871 807
1881 846
1891 808
1911 817
Top

Schools

Top

Societies

Try the nearby Spalding Family and Local History Group (JB):

Top

Note: Sections marked (JB) were contributed by John R. G. Bland of Lincolnshire.

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 2-October-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project