Lincolnshire logo

Wilsford

Note: There is also a Wilsford in Wiltshire.

Description and Travel

Wilsford is both a village and a parish 5 miles WSW of Sleaford and 9 miles north-east of Grantham. Ancaster parish lies to the north and west and Rauceby parish to the north and east. The parish covers about 3,000 acres and includes the eastern edge of the village of Ancaster. The ancient hamlet of Hanbeck is part of the parish, now only a farm.

The village of Wilsford sits on the south bank of a rivulet that eventually joins the River Slea. If you are planning a visit:

Top

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2344
1871 R.G. 10 / 3351
1891 R.G. 12 / 2580
Top

Church History

St. Mary's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

History

Top

Land and Property

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Military Records

For a photograph of the Wilsford War Memorial and the names on the Roll of Honour, see the Roll of Honour site.

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Government

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 231
1841 429
1871 647
1881 689
1891 687
1901 658
1911 648
1921 595
1991 384
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 21-August-2012
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2002 EnglandGenWeb Project