Lincolnshire logo

Witham on the Hill

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2095
1861 R.G. 9 / 2318
1871 R.G. 10 / 3316
1891 R.G. 12 / 2557
Top

Church History

St. Andrew's Church

Top

Church Records

Top

Civil Registration

Top

Description and Travel

This village, township and parish, also known as "Witham le Hill", lies 4.25 miles southwest of Bourne and 7 miles north of Stamford and is bordered on the east by Thurlby. The parish covers about 2,170 acres and includes the village of Manthorpe. The East Glen River flows southward through the parish.

The village sits on a rise. If you are planning a visit:

Top

History

Top

Manors

Top

Maps

Top

Military History

Top

Names, Geographical

Top

Politics and Governance

Top

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Top

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 453
1841 633
1881 195
1891 226
1911 223
Top

Schools

Top

Return to the Alphabetical Index


Last updated on 13-October-2013
Click here to send any questions and/or comments about this site to the Lincolnshire County Coordinator.

© 2001 EnglandGenWeb Project