The EnglandGenWeb Project
A IUKGenWeb Project Website
Coordinator Information and Policies
The EnglandGenWeb Project maintains very high standards in page creation, site management, and overall quality of presentation for all associated project pages. The EnglandGenWeb Project encourages freedom of expression, national cultural uniqueness and individual creativity by project hosts in the actual design of their pages. Certain elements are required, however, to help maintain the cohesiveness of the project.
- The WorldGenWeb Logo and Name must be present on the EnglandGenWeb homepage. All EnglandGenWeb Project sites share the same alpha-pneumonic name and all projects must conform to this standard. The project name is The EnglandGenWeb Project. County pages follow this same example: Bedfordshire, EnglandGenWeb Project.
- County websites must contain a link to The WorldGenWeb Project. The use of a logo is optional, but if you choose to do so Logos may be found at http://www.worldgenweb.org/images/index.html
- County websites must contain a link to the EnglandGenWeb website (http://www.rootsweb.com/~engwgw) with the official EnglandGenWeb Logo button.
- The EnglandGenWeb website and the county websites must contain a link to The IUKGenWeb Project website located at http://www.IUKGenWeb.org This logo button may be used, but is not required.
- Non-Commercial Status: The EnglandGenWeb Project is a non-commercial entity. The EnglandGenWeb Project is dedicated to the concept of free exchange of public-domain records via the internet. As such, commercial sponsorships and banners promoting non-genealogical related items are discouraged.
- Copyright: The EnglandGenWeb Project encourages the collection and publication of non-copyrighted materials online by hosts. The EnglandGenWeb Project will not pay royalties to any organization or institution. Therefore, we stipulate that all materials placed online at any project website be free from copyright infringement.
The EnglandGenWeb Project feels strongly that GENUKI has some of the best material online to assist researchers in England. We are working collaboratively with them to provide additional services to researchers that are not currently available through their project setup. It is not the aim of the EnglandGenWeb to replicate the resources available from GENUKI. The EnglandGenWeb Project functions more as a query resource and family association project rather than as a national resource center. Volunteers for any country or county website within the IUKGenWeb should seek to provide those additional services that GENUKI does not provide. Examples of that include:
Family Association Website Links
Country and County hosts are strongly encouraged to contact and establish a relationship with the corresponding GENUKI county host. The EnglandGenWeb Project has worked hard at establishing a strong collaborative relationship with GENUKI and will not permit an individual country/county host jeopardize that relationship.
- The EnglandGenWeb and the County hosts will maintain a prominent link to the corresponding GENUKI website.
- Privacy Rights of Individuals: The EnglandGenWeb project encourages the submission of genealogical data to all project websites.
- The EnglandGenWeb Project endeavors to maintain that all materials collected through associated project websites will not be distributed commercially. Country coordinators and project volunteers work on the honor system and we "assume" that materials placed online are free from any copyright infringement and that they will not be sold or republished in any form.
- Individual's who submit data to any website are free to include the word "private" in place of any records or dates. This does dilute the value of the record submitted but we wholeheartedly support the privacy rights of the individual.
- Each country and county website within the EnglandGenWeb Project will link to or maintain a method for posting queries.
These policies are an adaptation of the policies of the IUKGenWeb Project located at
and the polices of the WorldGenWeb Project located at http://www.worldgenweb.org/policy.html. Each host is responsible for reviewing these websites to ensure they are in compliance.
Disclaimer: The EnglandGenWeb Project does not guarantee the authenticity or source of any collected material place online at project websites and is to be held free from any and all liabilities based on such materials. The IUKGenWeb will remove any materials found to be in violation of all U.S. Copy Right Laws and statutes.
Return to the EnglandGenWeb Project Homepage
1999 - 2015 EnglandGenWeb Project