A good understanding of History is important to a good success in ancestor hunting!
- Fianna's Timeline and Links
- The Milesian Genealogy and Links to Ancient and Medieval History Sites
- Irish Archeology An excellent listing of other sources on the Web and off!
- New York IRISH History Roundtable
- History Ireland - For Serious Understanding of Irish History
This site only tells about the journal, there are no reprints
- Irish History
- Other Links For Irish Studies
- English Management of the Irish (leading to problems)
- The Scattering - Hear Real Audio of the Conference Proceedings
- The Famine (An Gorta Mor- Great Hunger) was from 1845-1852. The worst
of the Famine was over by 1852 but many areas still suffered much. 1847 was
the one single worst Famine year and was called Black '47. Even though the
pototo blight was over by 1852 it took a
long time to recover from what the Irish had suffered from 45-52.
Another Famine hit in 1879. Ireland had many Famine years, but none as bad
as between 1845-1852 for a variety of reasons. The Famine was devastating
to Ireland and it was not easy to recover in many areas of the country, thus the
continued large migration from Ireland.
- University College Cork Famine Center
- Views of the Famine
- The Irish Famine, 1845-50
- The Great Famine
- Great Famine Commemoration
Has lesson plans, information about the blight, etc. etc!
- An Gorta Mór The Great Irish Famine
- Yeat's Poem EASTER 1916
- Niceone’s links to Irish history Sites, Irish history, Irish heritage, Ireland Genealogy , Ireland's online history Centre, contemporary Irish history
- Irish History on the Web
- Index of Resources for History
- Irish Studies - Memorial University Library - History
- Ireland: History
- Irish History
- Irish American Historical Society
Wild Irish Roves OR
Explore our host site - FIANNA
14353 wonderful Irish genealogist to have visited at Rootsweb.
© 1997-2002 Fianna Web Team
Last modified Monday, 17-Dec-2001 06:11:04 MST
This page hosted by Rootsweb