National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Punta Gorda, Florida
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution was founded on
October 11, 1890. It is a service organization dedicated to service to the Nation.
Promotion of Education
The DAR Motto: God, Home, Country
National Theme – 2010 -– 2013
“Preserve the Past, Enhance the Present, Invest in the Future”
“Preserving the Path for Others”
Chapter meetings are held the 4th
Monday of each month, October through May, inclusive, with exceptions. The
2011 -– 2013
Regent – Diana Dulkiewicz
Treasurer - Constance “Connie” Britton
Vice Regent - Debbie Harrington
Registrar – Patricia “Pat” Cook
Chaplain – Barbara Kratz
Historian – Cynthia Kanaszka
Recording Secretary- DellaSue Sheline
Librarian – Kathryn “Kathy” Williamson
Corresponding Secretary- - Deva Dudley
Membership Information Contact – Patricia “Pat” Cook
● Coordinates members’ participation in the celebrations of national observances such as Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day and Flag Day.
● Promotes the issuance of a proclamation by the City Council and the County Commissioners, designating September 17-23 as Constitution Week
● Recognizes and rewards the qualities of a Good Citizen among senior high school students.
● Supports the DAR Schools.
● Presents annual awards to a local senior cadet in the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps at the three Charlotte County High Schools.
● Recognizes and rewards elementary and middle school students entered in the American History Essay Contest.
● Supports the NSDAR Library
● Supports the National Computerization Project
● Supports the State Regent’s Projects
● Supports the State C. A. R.
● Supports the State/National Junior Projects
● Supports the President General Projects
2012 NSDAR Community Service Award
TEAM Punta Gorda
2010 NSDAR National Americanism Award
Dr. MARK ASPERILLA
2004 and 1999 NSDAR Medal of Honor Awards
Mrs. J. LYNN STEPHENS, noted communications owner, veteran, and community leader
Mr. LINDSEY WILLIAMS, noted historian, veteran and writer
2008, 2004, and 2001 NSDAR Community Service Awards
Dr. MARK ASPERILLA & Dr. DAVID M. KLEIN
Mrs. J. LYNN STEPHENS
Mr. U. S. CLEVELAND, noted historian, writer, veteran and community leader
2002 Conservation Award
Mrs. MONICA DORKEN, educator and program coordinator, Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center
Please click on the following sites listed below for further information.
- A note of ancient history –
Thank you for visiting our site.
The DAR Insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
Site maintained by Patricia Cook, Webmaster – Updated 02/17/13
Please contact our Webmaster for further information.