CLEARWATER HISTORICAL SOCIETY

April 3, 2006

Board meeting called to order by Laddie Irion at 7:35 PM.

Members present included: John Tsacrios, Chuck McPherson, Bill Wallace, Joe Turner, Joan Turner, Bob Delack, Bettie Mease, Helen Wilcox, Marvin Moore, Laddie Irion, Bob Valentine, Buddy Gross, Dean Robinson, and Lorelei Keif.

Minutes of March 6, 2006 corrected and approved.

Treasurer's report given . Balance as of 4-3-06 was $5351.04. Report attached.

OLD BUSINESS

A. Membership Committee- Bettie Mease Bettie stated the roster has been updated.

B. Program Committee- Jay Rhodes Fish fry tickets were mailed to board members. Joan Turner reported that we will model our double serving line after the Largo Cracker Supper. All preparations are being made for our May fish fry. Laddie reminded people to show up around 9:30 AM unless directed otherwise by Joe Turner or Jay Rhodes.

C. Public Relations- Dean Robinson Dean shared an article that appeared in the Clearwater Gazette regarding a school project on history displayed at Clearwater Main Library. He posed a question of CHS sponsoring such an project in the future. Bob Delack shared that there was a History Day at the Largo Recreation Center recently. Bill Wallace said he will follow up with Margo at Clearwater Main Library regarding an upcoming CLW history day.

D. Museum Committee- Dave Perkins The recent work day was declared a success by all who participated. Helen Wilcox washed all the curtains and purchased new rods. Curtains will be re-hung during a Saturday Plumb House Museum shift. Will discuss another work day at the June board meeting. Bob Delack stated that several historical (or at least old) buildings are being torn down soon in Largo. He suggested we try to secure wood from these buildings for our own restoration. Bob will contact the former mayor of Largo as a contact. Joe Turner offered to help haul any donations to the Plumb House Museum.

E. Artifacts and documents Committee- Joan Turner Preservation- Mike Sanders John Tsacrios brought out more CLW Bomber artifacts that were recently donated by Doug Mason of Tarpon Springs. Some bookshelves are available to CHS free of charge. Joe Turner, Bill Wallace, and Mike Riordon will coordinate picking them up.

F. Historical Research Committee- Pat Moore No report.

G. Fund Raising Committee- Helen Wilcox Helen reported that the newly arrived note card envelopes are missing. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Helen. Artwork for re-ordered t-shirts is pending. Joan will follow-up on this. Bill Wallace made a motion that John see Chris at Team Sports and that Joan see a local artist and that they both get quotes for work. Motion seconded by Dean and approved. The board empowered Vice President Laddie to make an executive decision and order t-shirts based on Joan and John's quotes. Laddie also said the Ad Hoc committee will be meeting in the near future.

H. Homestead Committee- Lorelei Keif and Anne Epling Sheet was passed around for signing up for Saturday shifts at the Museum.

I. Other- Bob Delack passed out flyers for the Pioneer Picnic. Bob reported on the collectables show on April 30th. Terri is coordinating efforts. Please let her know if you can help.

NEW BUSINESS:

None.

Motion to adjourn was made by Helen Wilcox. Second by Bob Delack.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45P.M.

Respectfully submitted,
Lorelei Keif, Secretary