CLEARWATER HISTORICAL SOCIETY

January 9, 2007

Board meeting called to order by Terri Ohr at 7:31 pm.

President Ohr formally congratulated the University of Florida Gators on their national championship.

Members present included: John Tsacrios, Joe Turner, Buddy Gross, Bob Delack, Joan Turner, Bill Wallace, Shirley Gallatas, Bettie Mease, Helen Wilcox, Terri Ohr, and Lorelei Keif.

Minutes of December 4, 2006 corrected and approved.

Treasurer's report given. Balance as of 1-09-07 was $7264.31. Ralph Shaw, Jr. memorial donations have totaled approximately $1000.00 to date. Many interesting notes regarding Mr. Shaw have been received as well. The son of Mr. Shaw has offered historical photos. Bill Wallace to follow up. We have made approximately $100 from the sale of Clark Mills' book and about $ 600 from Cleveland Street brick sales.

OLD BUSINESS

A. Membership Committee- Bettie Mease No report..

B. Program Committee- Jay Rhodes No report.

C. Public Relations- Dean Robinson CHS continues to be present in local press.

D. Museum Committee- Dave Perkins and Mike Sanders Our problem with vandalism and littering by the homeless continues to exist. Bill Wallace to contact the police again. Bill also called the contact for Paint Your Heart Out Clearwater and is waiting for a call back. George and son of George's Vacuum kindly donated a vacuum to the society. Lorelei to send thank you note. Bill Wallace will be giving a tour of the museum to the Fort Desoto Questers tomorrow.

E. Artifacts and Documents Committee- Joan Turner Preservation Committee- Mike Sanders No report.

F. Historical Research Committee- Pat Moore No report.

G. Fund Raising Committee- Helen Wilcox No report..

H. Homestead Committee- Lorelei Keif and Anne Epling Sign up sheet was passed around for Saturday shifts at the museum. We are in need of more people to sign up.

NEW BUSINESS

Laddie Irion has resigned form the board and from his position of Vice-President due to a recent promotion. Congratulations to Laddie. The board discussed possible replacements for Laddie. Terri asked for suggestions and volunteers. Joe Turner kindly volunteered, if needed. Will finalize this issue at our next meeting.

Shirley Galatas presented the Plumb House Museum and the society with a scrapbook of the Plumb Family. The book was compiled and created by her oldest daughter Ruth. It is a beautiful and comprehensive piece to add to our collection. We are now on the lookout for a wooden book stand.

Board discussed our collection of George King prints. Bob Delack has some artifacts associated with King prints. He will aid in researching the possible value of our collection. It was decided to group our prints together with Bob's artifacts for a display in the future.

No news on our lease extension.

Shirley is requesting a 1953 CHS annual for a friend. Please contact her if you have any info.

Motion to adjourn was made by Helen Wilcox. . Second by Bettie Mease. Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Lorelei Keif, Secretary