About the ECFGS Co-op
The Co-op was formed in July 1994 by Pam Cooper. As a genealogy librarian, Pam sought to coordinate area genealogical societies so that each group would know and share what was available at other area libraries. To date, the Co-op has conducted surveys of genealogical holdings at twelve county libraries as well as compiled an invaluable bibliography of family histories owned by the member instititions. They also have conducted a "Share Fair" since 1995. This is an all day event where members of the society listen to lectures, share new resources and buy books from vendors.
To provide a sharing of resources in nine Florida counties: Brevard, Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Seminole, and Saint Lucie.
· To exchange ideas, programs, and speakers
· To provide a basic knowledge of materials contained in each library of the nine counties
· To make genealogy resources more accessible when researching our family history
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED:
· Library surveys of each library
· Local history surveys
· Surname database
· Geographic database
· Family history database from libraries in the nine counties
[ECFGSC Main Page] [Member Societies]
[Research Hints] [Family History Bibliography]
Questions or comment, email Pam Cooper.
You are the visitor to this page -- thanks for stopping by!
Last updated on 5 August 2005