William T. Cunningham was born Lee Co., GA 26 Mar 1819 a son of Sampson Cunningham and Martha Collins. He married Fannie Frances English (date unknown) probably in Macon Co., GA. She was a daughter of Sampson English and Frances Hardison.
William T. Cunningham died 14 Nov 1891. I do not know where he and Fannie are buried. Fannie died 9 May 1898. William T. and Fannie Cunningham were in the 1850 Macon Co., GA Census; 1860 Lowndes Co., GA Census; 1870 Brooks Co., GA Census; 1880 Echols Co., GA Census and in the 1885 Hamilton Co., Florida State Census. Their dates of birth and death are recorded in their son's and his wife's family Bible, George Washington Cunningham and Emma Alderman. I have copies of the family pages from this Bible and the Bible remains in our family.
1. George Washington Cunningham was born in Macon Co., GA 24 Mar 1853. He married Emma Alderman, a daughter of Timothy Alderman and Mary Ann Carlton, 27 Dec 1889 in Hamilton Co., FL. (I will post Alderman Family in another posting). George Washington and Emma were my husband's grandparents. They are buried in the Alderman Cemetery, Echols Co., GA.
2. Mary F. Cunningham was born 11 Feb 1842 in Macon Co., GA. She married William Henry Dean. I have been unbale to obtain any other information on this family. I do have a family picture.
3. Sampson E. Cunningham was born 5 May 1843 in Macon Co., GA. He served in the CSA; I ordered his Civil War papers from the Georgia Archives July 10, 2001 and have not to date, received a reply.
4. Martha Elizabeth Cunningham was born 18 Jun 1845 in Macon Co., GA. She died 14 Jun 1937 in Conroe, Montgomery Co., TX. (I have a copy of her Death Certificate). She married James Hamilton Dampier 19 Feb 1863 in Lowndes Co., GA. Martha is buried in the Oakwood Cemetery, Conroe, Montgomery Co., TX.
5. Samues James Cunningham was born 23 Aug 1847 in Macon Co., GA. He married 1) Eliza Groover 23 Feb 1871 in Brooks Co., GA. He married2) Annie E. Moore 4 Jan 1888 in Thomas Co., GA. Eliza died 24 Nov 1887; I do not know where she is buried. Samuel James and Annie E. Cunningham are buried in the Alderman Cemetery, Echols Co., GA.
6. Edwin Jackson Cunningham was born in Macon Co., GA 8 Apr 1851. He was married 1) Laura Frier 7 Apr 1881 in Hamilton Co., Fl. She is buried in Burnham Cemetery. He married 2) Julia Butler 17 Aug 1898 in Hamilton Co., FL. He died 20 Dec 1926 in Hillsborough Co., FL. He is buried at Mt. Enon Cemetery, Plant City, Hillsborough Co., FL.
7. John Thomas Cunningham was born 28 Sep 1855 in Macon Co., GA. He died 8 May 1929. He married Rachel Alderman. They are buried Sasser's Landing, Jennings, Hamilton Co., FL.
8. Sarah F. Cunningham b. 7 Aug 1857 d. 7 Mar 1905. She married Robert L. Alderman. This is all the information I have. Robert L. Alderman is buried in the Alderman Cemetery, Echols Co., GA.
9. Amanda M. Cunningham was born 20 Jul 1857 in GA. She died 6 Nov 1917. She married Barzilla Alderman. They are buried Sasser's Landing, Jennings, Hamilton Co., FL.
10. Fannie G. Cunningham born 19 Feb 1862. No other information.
11. Ruth J. Cunningham born 25 Feb 1864. No other information.
12. Alice Virginia Cunningham born 10 Apr 1867 in Lowndes Co., GA. She married Henry Jefferson Herring 25 December 1890 in Hamilton Co., FL. Alice died 16 Mar 1906 in Pinetta, Madison Co., FL and is buried in Mt. Horeb Cemetery.
13. William B. Cunningham was born 9 Apr 1849 in Macon Co., GA. He married Julia A. Boston 5 Apr 1871 in Lowndes Co., GA. William B. Cunningham died 9 Apr 1932 in Houston, Harris Co., Texas. I have a copy of his obit from the newspaper with a picture of him.
There are blanks and I will appreciate any help in filling them in.