This cemetery surrounds the All Saints Episcopal Church, founded in 1894. The left side photograph is looking west, across the cemetery, at the church. The right side picture is looking east, over the old section of the cemetery. The old section, established in 1898 when it was still part of Dade County, has several larger standing monuments, but the majority are stone markers only slightly raised or flush with the ground. There are two columbarium buildings toward the south-side front portion of the cemetery with both above ground burials and ash remains. A few headstones have been found to have dates older than 1898, but it is not known if they were there before the cemetery was established, or moved there later. They are located behind the Parish Office building in the Seery Family plot (Block 55). There is one documentation of another person deceased in 1887, but removed to this cemetery in 1902.
The All Saints Cemetery is a picturesque cemetery. It is situated on Old Dixie Highway, Rt. 707, just off North Sewall's Point Road, one (1) mile south of the Jensen Beach business district. But the entrance and parking lot is around the corner via NE Seaview Drive! It overlooks the Indian River, which is part of the Inter-coastal Waterway in that area. By road, it is five (5) miles from the north end of the Roosevelt Bridge via Rt. 707. All Saints Cemetery's address is 2303 NE Seaview Drive, Jensen Beach, Florida 34957. Telephone 772-334-7833. Office hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 3pm.
Jensen Beach was established after the arrival in 1881 of John Laurence Jensen, a Danish immigrant. His pineapple plantation business put Jensen Beach on the map. By 1895 the area was called the "Pineapple Capital of the World", but a hard freeze that year devastated most of the plantations and fires in 1908 and 1910 destroyed most of the town and the remaining Pineapple farms. By 1920 the industry had collapsed. From that point, focus shifted to raising citrus. . The "new" section of the cemetery, consisting of five acres, was added in 1933 with the acquisition of land from the Jensen Fruit Company. As part of the deed agreement, the southwest quarter of this land was to be a "free public burial ground" as reported in The Stuart Daily News, dated Thursday, July 6, 1933, page 1.
By 1950, there was a campaign by several prominent people of Jensen Beach who organized several "cleanup" days and a building program for installation of a large water pump as part of the beautification plan for the cemetery. Water pipes were installed and the Jensen Beach Garden Club planted many melalenca trees behind the new memorial building and podacarpus trees in front. Currently, there are palm trees planted along the length of Memorial Drive designating the blocks as they were laid out in the original plan.
The data is presented in an alphabetical format, by last names, and also in a location format. It is suggested that the alphabetical database be accessed first, and upon finding the appropriate person, note the Block #. Then go to the location database and see who is buried near your person of interest.A cooperative effort by Jeraldene Bloom, Joyce Menard and Walt Bruetsch, MCGS Cemetery Committee, 2007 & 2008.
All Saints Cemetery alphabetical database. Use this index first.
All Saints Cemetery location database. Then use this index.
All Saints Cemetery old & new section layouts/maps
Return to Cemetery selection page
to MCGS Home Page
Currently being maintained and created by Walt Bruetsch,
Arlene L. Brown Ackermann, Webmistress. Text and most images are
copyrighted© 2008 Martin County Genealogical Society, Inc. All