THE STANDARD COMPARATIVE EDITION
OUR LORD AND SAVIOU JESUS CHRIST;
TRANSLATED OUT OF THE ORIGINAL GREE, AND WITH FORMER TRANSLATIONS
DILIGENTLY COMPARED AND REVISED.
COMPRISING BOTH THE
NEW REVISED VERSION, OF A.D. 1881
POPULAR AND COMPREHENSIVE COMMENTARY,
FOR PRIVATE AND FAMILY SUE; AND FOR STUDENTS,
SABBATH-SCHOOL TEACHERS AND SCHOLARS
REV. JOHN BROWN, D.D.
EMBELLISHED AND ILLUSTRATED
THEE HUNDRED ENGRAVINGS AND MAPS
O.A. BROWNING & Co.
The b. f. wade co., printers and binders.
This Bible is in the possession of Lorena M. Abbey,
The first page of the Family Record Section is a replica of a Marriage Certificate and reads:
“What God hath joined together let no man put asunder.”
This Certifies that the rite of HOLY MATRIMONY was celebrated between Sarah L. Rundell of Villenovia and Chauncey Abbey of Cherry Creek on Dec. 25, 1872 at James C. Rundell’s by Arden Spencer, Minister of the Gospel.
Witnesses: J. C. Abbey and W. T. Chase.”
“What God hath joined together let no man put asunder.”
· James C. Rundell & Prudence M. Chase married March 24, 1836
· David C. Rundell & Eunice E. Dorothy married March 22, 1860. His first wife.
· David C. Rundell & Rachel Francis married
Abbey & Carrie M. Abbey married June 18th 1903 at
· George D. Abbey & Grace B. Shattuck married July 2, 1903 at Hamlet, N.Y. by Rev. Gates
· George D. Abbey & Tina Cobb married March 3rd 1907 at Cherry Creek, N.Y by Elder Smith
Abbey & Lorena Abbey married August 12, 1930 at Percy Abbey farm,
Abbey & Helen M. Eldredge married May 8th, 1937 at
“Suffer Little Children to Come unto Me.”
· Sally Rundell born March 15, 1837
· David C. Rundell born March 13, 1841
· Sarah L. Rundell born September 25, 1854
· James C. Rundell born March 25, 1816
· Prudence M. Chase born May 14, 1812
· Chauncey Abbey, husband of Sarah L. Rundell born December 10th, 1853
· Percy J. Abbey, son of Chauncey and Sarah Abbey born February 2nd, 1880 in Cherry Creek
Miller Abbey, wife of Percy J. Abbey born March 23,1884 in
· George D. Abbey, son of Chauncey & Sarah Abbey born April 16, 1885
· Grace B. Shattuck, wife. of Geo. D. Abbey born July 1, 1882
· Tina Cobb, second wife of Geo. Abbey Born July 7,1884
· Lorena M. Abbey, born August 31,1907 of Percy & Carrie Abbey
· Elwyn E. Abbey, born March 16, 1912 of Percy & Carrie Abbey
· Lucile Abbey, born Sept 5,1907 of George & Tina Abbey
· Willis C. Abbey, born July, 22, 1909 of George & Tina Abbey
· Morris G. Abbey, born March 16,1919 son of Geo. & Tina Abbey
· Douglas Nathan Abbey, born (date omitted/presumed living), son of Lorena & Nathan Abbey
· Nathan Abbey, husband of Lorena M. Abbey born Dec. 19,1903
“Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord.”
· Sally Rundell died June 25,1841
· David C. Rundell died May 27,1885
· Prudence..M. Rundell died March 5, 1891, 78y, 9m, 21d
· James C. Rundell died Jan 25, 1898, 82y, 10m
· Chauncey Abbey Dec 5, 1900 age 46y, 11m
· Grace B. Abbey Feb. 29, 1904 age 2
· Elwyn Eugene Abbey Sept. 28, 1912, 6m, 12d
· Sarah L. Rundell Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
· Percy J. Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
· Carrie M. Miller Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
· Harry Adelbert Miller, (date omitted/presumed living)
· Nathan Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
· Tina Cobb Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
· George David Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
· Willis Chauncey Abbey, (date omitted/presumed living)
The rest of the information that follows on this family comes from loose handwritten papers found in the Bible.
Front of page 1 of loose papers:
Rundell was born June 14th, 1788
Rundell was born May 22nd, 1792 in
Rundell born Aug. 8th 1912 town of
Rundell born March 25th 1816 in
Rundell born July 7th 1818 in
Rundell born January 1st 1821
P.H. Rundell born June 30th 1823
Rundell born Feb 26th 1826
L. Rundell born April 14th 1829
Rundell born July 18th 1831 in town of
· Benjamin B. Rundell born July 25th 1834 Cherry Creek Chaut Co. NY
Back of page
· David Rundel died Feb 28, 1867 Cherry Creek Chaut Co, aged 78 years 8 mts and 14 day
· Sally Rundell died November 19, 1867 Cherrycreek
· Harriet A. Rundell. died Nov 17, 1849 Cherry Creek
· Benjamin B. Rundell died February 14th 1835 Cherry
· James A. Rundell born Jan 17th 1845, died Novr 1st 1860
· Emily Melinda born May .15th 1861
David C Rundell
was married January 6, 1839 to Millicent
Miller in Beerien Co town of
Front of page 2 of loose papers:
Rundell Born June 14, 1788 in
Ruttenbur or Runde11 born May 22, 1792 in the State of
· James C. Rundell born March 25, 1816 in Ontario York State and died Jan 25, 1899 age 82 and 10 month at death age if living 85 years 25 of March 1901
· Prudence M. Chase or Rundell Born May 14, 1812 Wayne Co. State of New York and died March 5,1899 age 78 years 9 months and 21 days at death age if living 89 years May 14,1901
· David C. Rundell born in town Arkwright March 13, 1841 and died May 27, 1885 in Butler Co. Pa. age at death 44 years, age if living 60 years 13 March 1901. Liver Complaint
Back of page 2 of loose papers:
Rundell born March 15, 1837 in town of
· Grandmother Chase born 1775
· Grandmother Chase died 1841, age 66 years age if living 126
· Grandfather Chase died 1845 age 72 years Born 1773 age if living 128 Born in Walworth
· Candis Chase, Mother’s oldest sister 95 at death.
Copy of Military Record - War of 1812
David Rundell, Corp. Captain Seth Swan’s Company New York Detached Militia
in Reg’t commanded by Lieut. Co. H.W. Dobbin. War of 1812.
Appears on Company Muster Roll for Jan 9 to Apr 9, 1814. Roll not dated.
Date of appointment of enlistment Jan 12, 1814.
To what time enlisted or engaged, Apr 11, 1814. Present. Wilkinson, copyist.
David Rundell, Corp, same company as above. For Jan 9 to April 16, 1814. Roll not dated.
Commencement of service Jan 12, 1814.
Expiration of service Apr 15, 1814. Term of service charged 3 months, 4 days.
Pay per month 10 dollars. Amount of pay, 31 dollars and 33 cents. Wilkinson, copyist.
Handwritten copy of obituary.
Hamlet, N.Y. Jan 25, 1899. James C. Rundell was a son of David and Sally
Rundell and was born March 25, 1816. He