The East Hillsborough Historical Society, formed in 1974, is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the historical and cultural heritage of Plant City and Eastern Hillsborough County. The offices of the Society are located on the second floor of the 1914 Plant City High School, a National Register Historic Site, owned by the City of Plant City and operated under partnership with the East Hillsborough Historical Society.
The general purpose of this Society, as set forth in Article II of the Articles of Incorporation, is to foster and encourage interest in historic inquiry and study generally, but especially among its members; to collect, preserve, and house historic documents and objects, especially those pertaining to eastern Hillsborough County and the State of Florida; to collect, preserve, and house genealogical books and materials to aid genealogical research; and further, to encourage and participate in historic preservation.
Meeting and Banquet Facility Rentals Available All meeting and banquet facilities are air conditioned/heated and are newly renovated.
The building is equipped with an elevator.
For information, please CALL EHHS 813-757-9226.