At the Pensacola Public Library
The Native American Collection primarily focuses on providing
information and instruction in locating genealogical records
pertaining to the five civilized tribes of the southeast, i.e.
Seminole, Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Cherokee. Some history and
culture is also included.
Included in the collection are:
- The Dawes Roll and index
- l835 Cherokee Census
- l832 Creek Census
- Information on the tri-racial isolate families
- Senate Doc. #512 relating to southeastern Indians
- Journal of American Family Research
- Microfilm of government and agency records and letters relating to Indian affairs
- Cherokee Roots vol. l & 2 containing official censuses from l8l7-l924
- Eight volumes of records of Eastern Cherokee ancestry in the U.S. Court of Claims
- Instructional materials on documenting Indian ancestry
- General history, culture, cookery
- Register of Choctaw Emigrants to the West 1831-1832
- Records of Choctaw Trading Post, St. Stephens, Mississippi Territory l803-l815
- Our Native Americans and Their Records of Genealogical Values, 2 vols.
- Guide to American Indian Documents in the Congressional Serial Set l817-1899
- Index of Eastern Cherokee Applications of U.S. Court of Claims (microfilm)
- Mississippi Choctaw Census 1926-1939 (microfilm)
- Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers- 1st and 2nd Creek Mounted
- Special Files-Creek Self-Emigration Claims l886-l904 (microfilm)
- Potawatomi Indians l915 (microfilm)
- Cherokee (N.C.) 1898-1899, l904, l906, l909-12, 1914
- Early maps of the Southeast
For more information, contact:
Pensacola Public Library
200 W.Gregory St.