Search billions of records on

Milledgeville & Baldwin County Georgia Churches
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
St. Stephens Episcopal
African Methodist Episcopal
Christian Methodist Episcopal
aka Colored Methodist Episcopal
Hardwick Christian Church
aka Oxford Memorial Christian 
Midway Chapel 
Non Denominational
Rev. E. Pace Church (not sure of denomation)
was a African American Church on Tanyard Branch in the city, It was active in the 1880's. 

Photo copyright Eileen B. McAdams Jan 2010
Chapel of All Faiths
Central State Hospital
Various Denominations
First Presbyterian Church
Covenant Presbyterian Church
440 N. Columbia St., Milledgeville
Allen Memorial Church
Black Presbyterian church organized in 1893.  In 1907 Rev. E. A. Houston was the minister The church was located on N. Wilkinson St., the congregation held services for a long time in the Odd Fellows Hall, day time services were held in the white Presbyterian Church until the brick church was constructed in 1908. First settled clergyman, Rev. E. A. Houston. *Source: WPA Church Records, Black Churches, 9/19/1939, Georgia Archives

Eileen Babb McAdams copyright 2004