church was organized in 1916 by Rev. T. O. Slaughter and Rev. Carl Cheek.
It was named as a memorial to Amy Oxford, the first person baptised by
Rev. Slaughter after the church was organized. The congregation worshipped
in the Simpson Hall (Midway Chapel) until the present church was erected
and dedicated in 1924.
Early pastors of the church were T. O. Slaughter 1916 - 1917; Rev, Barfield, Oct. 1917 - Oct. 1918; C. H. Greeville Oct 1819 - Oct. 1920; E. W. Anthony Oct. 1920 - ?; Charles H. McIntyre Oct. 1925 - Oct. 1926; Harry Melton Sippel, Oct. 1926 - Oct. 1928; L. A. Cunningham Oct. 1928 - April 1, 1938, Rev. Elburn Moore Jan 1939 - unknown.
The name changed sometime after 1939.
Source: WPA Church Records, Baldwin County, White Churches, 9/19/1939,
Eileen Babb McAdams website copyright 2007